Night has descended on the Circuit de la Sarthe, and Toyota hasn’t budged from the top of the charts. It’s a race against the track and against themselves now more than it is a race against their competitors. Can the team maintain its dominance, or will it suffer another mechanical failure in the closing half of the race?
This section saw the effects of attrition, with the LMP2 and LM GTE AM classes suffering many of the retirements. Such is the impact of the darkness and exhaustion.
If you haven’t hunted down a place to watch this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, you can find it on MotorTrend TV in the United States and Velocity in Canada. You can check out a full list of all viewing and streaming services here. If you’re looking for a slightly less official way to watch, Reddit will have you covered.
Motul is offering several different viewing options on YouTube, such as the full race onboard and a live view from the pit lane.
1. No. 7 Toyota Gazoo Racing2. No. 8 Toyota Gazoo Racing3. No. 1 Rebellion Racing4. No. 3 Rebellion Racing5. No. 32 United Autosports
1. No. 7 Toyota Gazoo Racing2. No. 8 Toyota Gazoo Racing3. No. 1 Rebellion Racing4. No. 3 Rebellion Racing5. No. 4 ByKolles Racing Team (retired)
1. No. 32 United Autosports2. No. 22 United Autosports3. No. 38 Jota4. No. 31 Panis Racing5. No. 26 G-Drive Racing
1. No. 51 AF Corse2. No. 97 Aston Martin Racing3. No. 95 Aston Martin Racing4. No. 82 Risi Competizione5. No. 91 Porsche GT Team
1. No. 98 Aston Martin Racing2. No. 90 TF Sport3. No. 83 AF Corse4. No. 56 Team Project 15. No. 77 Dempsey-Proton Racing
#37 Jackie Chan DC Racing LMP2 was black flagged. When the car broke down, the driver called the pit (on a cell phone that’s part of the driver toolkit) and one of the mechanics brought him a part, which he installed and then drove back to the pits. First outright disqualification for that particular issue for a long time.
24 Hours of Le Mans, Toyota
World news – AU – 2020 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 12 Hours In: No. 7 Toyota Gazoo Racing Maintains The Lead