Stabbing victim ‘didn’t know his attackers’

Police say a 36-year-old man allegedly stabbed by a group of teenagers “did not know his attackers” as another two boys are charged.

Two more teenage boys have been charged in relation to a horror attack in Pyrmont on Friday night that has left a 36-year-old man in an induced coma fighting for life. Picture: Gordon McComiskieSource:News Corp Australia

A 36-year-old man who was horrifically stabbed in an inner-city Sydney suburb was the victim of a random attack, police say.

The man was allegedly set upon by a group of teenage boys in Pyrmont just before 11pm on Friday and stabbed in the face and slashed with a knife.

He was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, where he remains in an induced coma receiving treatment for significant facial injuries. Police say he has lost his eye as a result.

About noon on Monday, a 15-year-old boy was arrested and taken to Day Street police station, where he was charged with wound person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and affray.

Emergency services were called to the intersection of Pyrmont Bridge Rd and Wattle St just before 11pm on Friday night after reports of an assault. Picture: Gordon McComiskieSource:News Corp Australia

Police said in a statement they will allege the boy was not involved in the Pyrmont attack but was in a social media group chat after the incident and allegedly incited violence against another boy.

Detective Superintendent Gavin Wood told 2GB that police were still looking for one more boy, and it was “clear” the Pyrmont incident was a random attack.

Seven teenagers have been charged in relation to the attack since Friday, with a Children’s Court told how one boy allegedly ‘slowly carved up’ the 36-year-old victim’s face. Picture: Gordon McComiskieSource:News Corp Australia

Magistrate Michael Love described police facts tendered to court on Monday as “quite disturbing”, saying much of the incident had been caught on mobile phone footage.

The court was told up to 10 young people were staying in an Airbnb in Pyrmont when about seven of them ran outside, allegedly set upon the man and beat him unconscious.

Witnesses reported seeing one of the youths with a “silver object” in his left hand before he allegedly started slashing and “slowly carved up” the man’s face, the court was told.

Police allege the youth was wearing a mask and gloves as he slashed at the man’s face in a “sadistic” torture.

A co-accused had identified the boy, who attends “prestigious” Sydney private school Barker College in Hornsby, as the one wielding the knife in mobile phone footage, the court was told.

Police say they are looking for one more teenager in conjunction with the horror attack. Picture: Gordon McComiskieSource:News Corp Australia

A NOTE ABOUT RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including ads) you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out.

Source: https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/courts-law/stabbing-victim-didnt-know-his-attackers/news-story/9cbea7ba50ea8c25468266fea06e1bdc

Stabbing, Pyrmont, Sydney

World news – AU – Stabbing victim ‘didn’t know his attackers’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *