The Tokyo Olympics women’s keirin tournament kicked off Wednesday morning. Opposed in particular to the German Lea Sophie Friedrich, Olympic vice-champion Monday in team speed, and to Daria Shmeleva (Olympic Committee of Russia), Coralie Demay took fifth place in her series and therefore had to go through the repechage to hope to go further in the competition. Same fate for the other Habs of the day, Mathilde Gros, double European champion in 2018 and 2019, who finished last in her series, won by the Canadian Lauriane Genest.
Disputed a few minutes later, the repechages smiled on Mathilde Gros, who finished second in her series – behind the Briton Katy Marchant – after having assumed her responsibilities by launching her sprint from far away. On the other hand, it is over for Coralie Demay, who could not do anything against the German Emma Hinze and the Dutch Shanne Braspenninckx. It should also be noted the elimination of the South Korean Hyejin Lee, vice-world champion in 2020 behind the German Emma Hinze.
These forecasts are given for information only. You will not be able to engage the responsibility of the author as for the results of the races. The odds are subject to change until departure. “Playing involves risks: debt, dependence … Call 09 74 75 13 13 (non-surcharged call)”
Related title :
– Keirin: Coralie Demay and Mathilde Gros will not pass the repechage at the Tokyo Olympics
– OJ Tokyo – Track – Mathilde Gros and Demay in the keirin repechage
– JO, Track cycling (F ): Gros and Demay in repechage on the keirin
– Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games, live: follow the qualifications in track cycling and the quarter-finals of the Bleues in …
– Vigier assures, Helal, Demay and Gros in repechage