Authorities are now investigating the death of a teenager in the city of San Enrique allegedly caused by harassment. (San Enrique police photo)

A male 10th grade student in San Enrique, Negros Occidental, died Thursday, September 9, a few days after he turned 18.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []). push ({});
Police Lieutenant Sammy Gasataya, deputy head of the city police station, said the victim was a resident of Barangay Guintorilan and a student at Doña Hortencia Salas Benedicto National High School in the city of La Carlota, whose name the police also kept secret, attended the victim’s birthday and left . The victim followed them and returned home around 1 a.m. the next day, Gastaya added that the victim asked for medication on September 8 as she was shaking and unwell. His condition worsened and he died the next day. The police officer said that before the victim died, he told his parents that he was blindfolded and taken to an undisclosed area where the alleged harassment took place. The victim also told his parents that he should be admitted to the Brotherhood in March this year, but it was determined during the preliminary interview that he was only 17. An autopsy was performed on Miranda’s remains, based on the autopsy report of the city ​​health officer Dr. Fritzi Juanillo suffered the victim. Hematoma on both lower buttocks. He also had kidney bleeding, the report further showed. Police lieutenant Abegael Donasco’s spokesman for the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office (Nocppo) said they had already spoken to the victim’s parents, and they are currently studying the details of the incident. Donasco also said the incident took place around 10 p.m. Therefore, they are currently investigating how the suspects carried out the incident as there was already a curfew. She added that such incidents, which may involve minors or adults, will not be tolerated against the three people believed to be involved in the alleged harassment. In addition, the police are reminding parents, school administrators and school principals to beware of the existence of fraternities that could endanger students. However, Gasataya made it clear that the alleged hazing incident has nothing to do with his school. It happened outside of school considering there aren’t any in-person tuition yet, he told SunStar Bacolod. (TDE)

The SunStar website welcomes a friendly debate, but comments posted on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of SunStar
Management and its subsidiaries. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or change any comments published here without prior notice.
Inappropriate posts will be automatically deleted.

Don’t use profanity. Some words have been banned. Stay on topic. Don’t stray from the discussion. Be coherent.
Do not shout or use UPPERCASE!

Ref: https://www.sunstar.com.ph