Three French people qualified on Thursday October 28 and join Richard Gasquet in the quarter-finals of the Open Brest – Crédit Agricole: Müller, Janvier and Luca Van Assche.
The last match of the 2nd round of the Open Brest – Crédit Agricole ended with a surprise, Thursday, October 28, 2021, on the center court of the Brest Arena, around 11 p.m.: the French Luca Van Assche, 680th in the ATP, beat, in straight sets, his compatriot, the Malouin Manuel Guinard, 166th, scorer of his friend and seeded n ° 1, Arthur Rinderknech in the first round.
Just before, the spectators of the Brest Arena had also witnessed a surprise in another Franco-French duel, with the victory, in three sets, of Maxime Janvier, 234th at the ATP, over Hugo Gaston, seed n ° 8th and 107th world.
Another Frenchman, Alexandre Müller, 207th, had distinguished himself early in the afternoon by eliminating the No. 5 seed, Italy’s Stefano Travaglia, 83rd, in three sets.
All three join Richard Gasquet in the quarter-finals. The Biterrois, seeded No. 3 and 76th in the ATP, had qualified the day before by disposing, in three sets, of the Italian Thomas Fabbiano, 228th.
The other four quarter-finalists are No. 4 seed of the United States Brandon Nakashima, who beat Spain’s Bernadé Zapata Miralles on Thursday, Portugal’s João Sousa, who knocked out Frenchman Kenny de Schepper, also on Thursday, the Italian Federico Gaio who had disposed of the Portuguese Frederico Ferreira Silva (Portugal) on Wednesday evening, and the Swiss Henri Laaksonen who had defeated the Dane Holger Vitus Nødskov Rune, also on Wednesday.
Singles – 2nd round
•  Brandon Nakashima (United States) beats Bernadé Zapata Miralles (Spain): 6-4, 6-1.
• Alexandre Müller (France) beats  Stefano Travaglia (Italy): 7-6 [7-4], 1-6, 6-1.
• João Sousa (Portugal) beats Kenny de Schepper (France): 6-4, 7-6 [8-6].
• Maxime Janvier (France) beats  Hugo Gaston (France): 7-6 [7-5], 2-6, 6-4.
• Luca Van Assche (France) beats Manuel Guinard (France): 7-6 [7-4], 6-3.
Doubles – Quarter-finals
•  Fabien Reboul (France) – Sadio Doumbia (France) beat Liam Broady (Great Britain) – Luke Johnson (Great Britain): 4-6, 7-6 [9-7], 10-7.
• Salvatore Caruso (Italy) – Federico Gaio (Italy) beat Nicholas Monroe (United States) – Brandon Nakashima (United States): 7-5, 3-6, 10-6.
•  David Vega Hernández (Spain) – Zdenek Kolár (Czech Republic) beat Alexandre Müller (France) – Hugo Grenier (France): 6-4, 6-1.
•  Aleksandr Nedovyesov (Kazakhstan) – Denys Molchanov (Ukraine) beat João Sousa (Portugal) – Frederico Ferreira Silva (Portugal): 6-2, 5-7, 11-9.
So make way for the quarter-finals this Friday, October 29. With two Franco-French duels between Alexandre Müller and Luca Van Assche, then Maxime Janvier and Richard Gasquet. The assurance of having two French people in the semi-finals the next day.
The other games will pit American Brandon Nakashima against Switzerland’s Henri Laaksonen and Portugal’s João Sousa against Italy’s Federico Gaio.
This Friday is also the day of the semi-finals of the doubles tournament, which will feature French pair Fabien Reboul-Sadio Doumbia.
Singles – Quarter-finalsCourt
• 11:30 am:  Brandon Nakashima (United States) –  Henri Laaksonen (Switzerland).
• 3 p.m. *: Luca Van Assche (France) – Alexandre Müller (France).
• 4.30 p.m. *: Federico Gaio (Italy) – João Sousa (Portugal).
• 6.30 p.m. *: Maxime Janvier (France) –  Richard Gasquet (France).
Doubles – Semi-finalsCourt central
• 1:30 p.m. *  David Vega Hernández (Spain) – Zdenek Kolár (Czech Republic) against Federico Gaio (Italy) – Salvatore Caruso (Italy).
• 7:50 p.m. *:  Aleksandr Nedovyesov (Kazakhstan) – Denys Molchanov (Ukraine) against  Fabien Reboul (France) – Sadio Doumbia (France).
Has this article been useful to you? Note that you can follow Côté Brest in the Mon Actu area. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news from your favorite cities and brands.
1 Near Toulouse. This large decoration store will open its doors: we tell you where and when
4 Loire-Atlantique: he does not want to see “a phallus over 32 meters” in front of his home
© 2021 actu.fr, owned and co-operated by Publihebdos and its subsidiaries Dedicated hosting: Groupe DIS, Digital Ad Trust and ACPM. Conception and design: Datagif.
Ouch you have refused cookies 🙁. You may not know that 400 professional journalists work for actu.fr (Groupe Publihebdos / Sipa Ouest-France). The collection of cookies is useful for collecting advertising revenue which allows us to provide you with reliable, quality information free of charge. If you like actu.fr, you can accept cookies👍.