The “Check In Qld” app will be mandatory for taxis, limousines and ridesharing from next Monday (August 30th).
Prime Minister Annastacia Palaszczuk said the latest case of a COVID-positive taxi driver in Cairns has shown why the mandate was necessary.
“The first case in NSW’s spiral eruption was a Bondi limousine driver carrying flight crews,” said the prime minister.
“Initially confined to Sydney’s eastern suburbs, it spread quickly on the city and the surrounding regions.
“When expanding the range of the Check-In Qld app to include taxis, limousines and carpooling, it is simply a matter of security.
” We assume that Cases may arise from time to time and our job is to get them through as quickly as possible.
“It’s a very difficult situation right now and all we’re doing is protecting the Queenslanders.”
Similar title :
– Obligatory taxi check-in from August 30th August
– Taxis added to Check-in -App
– Qld is requesting QR-codes for taxis, carpooling
– Carpooling services that fall under the QR code mandate QR code mandate
– A new overnight COVID case in connection with the Indooroopilly cluster
– Queensland threatens with the retention of the Covid-19 border closings