YOU WANT TO SEE DUTERTE: From left, Presidential Assistant for the Visayas Michael Dino, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles, Partido Demokratiko Pilipino Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban), Deputy Chairman and Energy Minister Alfonso Cusi, Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia and Mayor Jonas Cortes will attend the National Council meeting of the ruling PDP-Laban party at the Montebello Villa Hotel in Cebu City on Monday, May 31, 2021, at which party members urged President Rodrigo Duterte to run for vice-president in the 2022 elections, as well as some party members the overthrow of Senator Manny Pacquiao from the party. Inset, Dino and Garcia board a plane at Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) Monday afternoon to meet with Duterte about Cebu’s testing and quarantine policies for the return of Filipinos from overseas, which prompted Malacañang to divert all international ones Arrange flights to the US MCIA to Ninoy Aquino International Airport from May 29 to June 5, 2021. / CAPITOL PIO

GOV. Gwendolyn Garcia has been assured by the Office of the Presidential Assistant to the Visayas Secretary Michael Dino that the national government will not sue her for insubordination for using the Inter-Agency Task Force’s Test Protocols on the Arrival and Return of Filipino Overseas Workers (OFWs) of Filipinos from overseas (OFWs). Garcia and Dino apologized from a PDP Laban Council meeting on Monday May 31, 2021, to travel to Manila and meet President Rodrigo Duterte to discuss the matter.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []). push ({});
Dino said he had spoken to the President, Senator Christopher Go, and Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, and they told him no one would file a case against the Governor of Cebu. He said the thought hadn’t even crossed the president’s mind. President’s spokesman Harry Roque released a statement dated May 31, 2021 denying legal action against Garcia over certain decisions related to her Covid-19 response. “This is not my role and responsibility as the President’s Spokesperson and Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) spokesperson,” said Roque. He said he had spoken to the Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs and Local Government (DILG) Eduardo Año, who “made it clear that there might be a possible discussion on the matter with the good governor and that there are no cases in sight is. “Dino said that some Manila guidelines may not be practical to implement in Cebu.” Not because Ganahan Nila is mosaway, no! That’s because we know what we are capable of. “Dino assured Garcia that he and all of the local executives in Cebu Province support their quarantine protocols for the arrival of OFWs and ROFs Heart for the marginalized, especially the OFWs who have helped the country’s economy through their referrals. She said it was not enough just to look at numbers and that every number corresponds to a person and that person has a life. Garcia told the story of an OFW from Nueva Ecija who died in quarantine in the city of Lapu-Lapu. The OFW was waiting to be released after 10 days to go home. The governor said the government should understand the plight of the OFWs, families, and their own problems. Because of this, Garcia said her guidelines should not help make her suffering worse. Meanwhile, Lapu-Lapu Mayor Junard Chan said the temporary rerouting of international flights from Mactan-Cebu International Airport to Metro Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport, which lasted until May 5, will take effect on Saturday May 29th June will certainly have an impact on Cebu’s economy. So he hopes the President will listen to Garcia’s statement on their protocols for OFWs and ROFs arriving in Cebu, adding that the Covid-The situation in Cebu is different from the situation in the National Capital Region. So far, Malacañang has not drawn his attention to compliance with Garcia’s related policy, he said: “The most important thing is to find a balance between economy and the Covid-19 situation. We just want the diversion of international flights to be stopped, especially since the economy of Lapu-Lapu City, like that of Cebu Province, is heavily dependent on tourism, ”said Chan. (KFD / GCM / PJB)

The SunStar website welcomes a friendly debate, but the comments posted on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar
Management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or change any comments published here without prior notice.
Inappropriate posts will be automatically deleted.

Don’t use profanity. Some words have been banned. Stay on topic. Don’t deviate from the discussion. Be coherent.
Don’t shout or use UPPERCASE!

Ref: https://www.sunstar.com.ph