A major fire broke out in a Frontenex apartment on Wednesday morning. Its occupant was declared dead and four residents of the building transported to hospital after inhaling smoke.

A 47-year-old man was found dead after his apartment burned down early in the morning of Wednesday, December 22 in Frontenex, Savoie. His home was completely on fire when the firefighters arrived, shortly before 6 a.m. The victim was found unconscious on the landing.

Despite attempts to resuscitate the emergency services, the 40-year-old was declared dead on the spot by the Samu doctor. Six residents of the building were evacuated as a result of the smoke rapidly advancing through the building. Four people, including a 6-year-old child, were transported to Albertville hospital in a state of relative emergency, suffering from mild poisonings.

The fire was extinguished in the morning by firefighters but reconnaissance operations are continuing. The mayor of the town and the gendarmerie also went there. The fire having caused significant damage, nine people will have to be relocated by the lessor or the municipality.

In partnership with

Make yourself heard! France 3 Régions is joining the Ma France 2022 consultation, initiated by France Bleu on the Make.org platform. The goal ? Allow you to weigh in the democratic debate by putting your most popular ideas at the center of the presidential campaign.

Ref: https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr