Absent from the last two Grands Prix after contracting the coronavirus, Kimi Räikkönen will be back, in great shape, in the seat of his Alfa Romeo this weekend in Sochi.
Dean of the F1 field, Kimi Räikkönen had to skip the last two Formula 1 Grands Prix, after testing positive for Covid-19 on the sidelines of the round at the Zandvoort circuit in the Netherlands.
Replaced by Robert Kubica, the 2007 F1 world champion is “happy” to be able to get back behind the wheel of his Alfa Romeo this weekend in Sochi after this forced break.
“I’m glad to be back in the car after missing the last two Grands Prix,” he said from Russia. Of course, no one wants to test positive for coronavirus, but that’s what happened to me and I had to follow the rules. But all this is a thing of the past now: it’s time for the Russian Grand Prix now! “
“The team showed great potential in the last few heats. Now we need to convert that into a good result. I don’t think my comeback will be any different, I just want to keep doing my job and hope I can have a good race this weekend. “
Related title :
– Räikkönen back in his Alfa in Sochi
– Raikkonen resumes service for Alfa Romeo in Russia
– Räikkönen returns to the & # 39; Alfa to realize good racing potential
– Kimi Raikkonen back at the wheel of his Alfa Romeo in Sochi
– L& # 39; future uncertainty d& # 39; Alfa Romeo“ not ideal “for Antonio Giovinazzi