MANILA, Philippines – Magnolia has weathered Calvin Abueva’s absence in the closing stages to fend off the Meralco Bolts (81-69) and get on the verge of a final at the 2021 PBA Philippine Cup.
Abueva, the leading contender for the conference’s best player, had to sit out the last four minutes and eleven seconds of play after being called for a blatant foul.
But the hotshots got a clutch field goal from Mark Barroca, and their defense stayed strong in crunch time as they celebrated a decisive triumph in Game 4 of their best-of-seven semifinals series.
Magnolia now leads the series 3-1, while the Bolts, who entered the series as the second seed are about to be eliminated.
Similar title :
– Magnolia keeps Bolts comeback on the cusp of the Philippine Cup final
– PBA: Magnolia is pushing Meralco to the edge
– TNT, Meralco wants to be successful in the semi-finals of the Philippine Cup
– Magnolia wins the final of the Philippine Cup with game 4 against Meralco
– Barroca stops the rise of Meralco as Magnolia just before the PBA finals