WASHINGTONâ ???? Rep. Tom Reed (R., NY) said in a statement on Sunday evening that he would not run for re-election or run for governor in 2022 after allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior were made last week.
Mr Reed apologized also with Nicolette Davis, who told the Washington Post last week that lawmakers made her undesirable sexual advances in 2017, which it deemed inaccurate on Friday.
Simply put, my behavior caused her pain, showed her disrespect, and was unprofessional. I was wrong, I’m sorry and I take full responsibility. Mr Reed said in a statement on Sunday evening.
Ms. Davis, a U.S. Army lieutenant who was working as an insurance lobbyist at the time, said Mr. Reed put his hand on her back, unhooked her bra and touched her leg during a fundraiser, according to a report she gave it to the Washington Post. She didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment on Sunday night.
Mr Reed said the incident happened while he was struggling with an alcohol addiction for which he later sought treatment.
Related Title :
– Tom Reed Won& # 39; t seek re-election, exclude Cuomo challenge
– Rep. Tom Reed says Won& # 39; t that he will not run for re-election in 2022
– & # 39 ; Sorry& # 39 ;: GOP US Representative Tom Reed Retires for Misconduct
– Reed apologizes and says he will not challenge & # 39; Don’t challenge Cuomo in 2022
– New York Rep. Tom Reed won’t search & # 39 looking
– Republican will no longer run& # 39 run after lobbyist accuses & # 39; drunk& # 39; Unhooking her bra
– <a href = "/? S = Rep. Tom Reed, a potential Cuomo challenger, apologizes for fumbling with a woman and wins & # 39; Tom Reed, a potential Cuomo -Challenger, apologize for the groping woman and won't run & # 39 anymore
– Rep. Tom Reed will & # 39; not seek re-election following allegations of sexual harassment
– Rep. Tom Reed apologizes after allegations of sexual misconduct and will not run for governor. Re-election
– Reed wants to pass Governor &’s race, re-elected to Congress on allegations of sexual harassment