This Saturday, on Matchday 24 of the Premier League, Manchester City host at Etihad Stadium Tottenham. An enticing poster which will see two great coaches oppose each other, in this case Pep Guardiola and José Mourinho. Despite the passing years, the sporting rivalry between these two continues, which does not prevent them from maintaining a real mutual respect.
“There are moments in life that you don’t forget. When my father died (in 2017, editor’s note), and he knew how important he was to me, Pep called me “, confided the Portuguese technician at a press conference on Friday, and added:” When his mother died (in April 2020, editor’s note), I answered in the same way. These are things that people don’t see. Today I share it because I have the opportunity “
An anecdote that says a lot about the now peaceful relationship between the two men. “The problem with us, the coaches, is that it is not easy to develop friendships because we do not see each other”, underlines in addition the “Special One”, which should however not make in the feelings during this crucial meeting for Spurs, eighth in the Premier League, in view of the fight for a European qualification.
A big pay cut for Messi? The tone rises between Klopp and Guardiola! The beautiful sequence of Gabriel Jesus (video)
Related title :
– Mourinho, l& # 39; moving anecdote
– Pep, before Mou, almost ten years after the “ damn master ”and the“ why why? ”
– Tottenham: L& # 39; anecdote of Mourinho about Guardiola
– “When my father died …”, the touching confidence of Mourinho on Guardiola
– Ebene Magazine – José Mourinho n& # 39; will never forget this gesture of Pep Guardiola:” These are things that people do …