As we reported to you this summer, Ferrari is planning to introduce an updated powertrain at some point in the second half of the 2021 season, but Charles Leclerc has remained elusive on the entry date according to this V6 which will finally include all 2021 components.
Binotto told us: Ferrari has not finished upgrading all the elements, leaving the Scuderia free to introduce evolutions.
“I know there is an evolution and it will be on the hybrid part of the engine. When will we bring it? We don’t know yet,” Leclerc said.
“Here it will be the usual power unit. It will not be the evolved engine, it will just be a new engine but of the same specification as Hungary.”
“The evolved engine should be a positive step. It won’t be a revolution, but I think it’s an important step. So I hope we can take advantage of it once. that he’ll be in the car. “
In the run-up to this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix at Spa, the scene of Leclerc’s first F1 victory in 2019, the Monegasque has expressed some caution about Ferrari’s chances.
“On paper it doesn’t look good to us. It’s one of the toughest tracks for us this season, but on the other hand we’ve had some nice surprises on others. tracks where we thought we would have more difficulty. So hopefully this weekend will be another pleasant surprise, but let’s wait and see. “
Related title :
– Leclerc s& # 39; expects Spa to be “quite difficult” for Ferrari ·.
– Leclerc does not yet know when Ferrari will have its engine evolution
– Binotto (Ferrari) suggests a review budget cap in Formula 1
– As expected, Ferrari n& # 39; will not have advanced engine at Spa
– F1: Charles Leclerc , Carlos Sainz Jr, who will finish ahead at the end of the season?