Headline inflation accelerated to 4.9 percent in August 2021, the highest since 5.1 percent in December 2018.
In a briefing on Tuesday, national statistician Claire Dennis Mapa said that the rate of inflation during the Month was higher than the 4.0 percent in July and the 2.4 percent in August last year.
According to Mapa, the upward trend was mainly driven by the higher annual increase in the index of highly weighted foods and soft drinks of 6.5 Percent during the month from 4.9 percent in July 2021.
Similar title :
– Inflation Violation gov& # 39; no new target reached above 2-year high
– Inflation exceeds target at 4.9% in August 2021
– Inflation accelerates to 4.9 percent in August
– If food prices rise, inflation will jump to a 2-year high of 4.9% in August
– Inflation increased by 4.9% in August, highest since Dec 2018
– August inflation reached 31-month high of 4.9%