Gilles Moretton, President of the FFT: “The night sessions have shown us what they can bring to tennis, in terms of emotion. As soon as we had the public, Wednesday but also Friday, when we can consider that we were in the night session, we had a quality show and anthology matches. Emotion on all levels. “

Guy Forget, tournament director: “It was not easy but we asked the players in turn to come and play on the Chatrier in front of empty seats. They did it with a lot of commitment, and it showed. Of course, we had questions. We were unlucky since most of the night sessions were played behind closed doors. So, impossible to have felt. But Friday’s half showed phenomenal electricity in the stadium. And again, there were only a third of spectators. This product is going to be a success because there is a lot of appetite. We attract another clientele. “

Gilles Moretton: “We had a difficult first week but we knew that we were going through a change of generations. And we ended in style with the brilliant result of the juniors and this double victory for Mahut-Herbert. I had not dramatized the results before Roland Garros, I will not attribute to myself those of our juniors this year. We must salute the work done in our clubs. The most important now will be the quality of support to move them from juniors to pros. Let’s not show them off too quickly. Let’s give them time to work. We have already created a public / private alliance on strong projects. We will adapt to each particular case. An à la carte project, in fact. It will be up to each player to take responsibility. “

Amélie Oudéa-Castera, general manager of the federation: “We carried out three thousand tests on the population of players and only two positive tests were detected for doubles players. We also experienced the large-scale development of the health pass on Wednesday, June 9, with 97% of spectators who arrived well prepared. For the remaining 3%, our system was ready so as not to reject anyone. “

Amélie Oudéa-Castera: “We are the only Grand Slam to have been impacted twice by the Covid. But, given the circumstances, the numbers for this edition are pretty good. We were able to accommodate 100,000 spectators, with 80% general public tickets. The audience figures are remarkable. A market share of just over 20% on France 2 and France 3. A record on Friday 11 June, especially for the Nadal-Djokovic half, with a peak of one million viewers. France 2 was then the first national channel. And excellent digital figures: 10 million followers on all of our platforms. Usually, our revenues are around 260 million euros. This year, we will be 80 million below that figure. The media item will represent 55% of our revenue, 30% for our partnerships and 5% for ticketing. Obviously, this is the consequence of the gauge. But our business model is resilient. “

Amélie Oudéa-Castera: “Why not another exemption from Wednesday? We should not see the problem from that angle. The spectators on Wednesday were not deprived of something. We pushed the match until 11 p.m. It is rather that the spectators of Friday evening (Djokovic-Nadal) were entitled to an unexpected and unexpected bonus. It is a privilege that only sport can offer. We are all aware of having lived an exceptional moment. “

Amélie Oudéa-Castera: “We will have detailed figures for Amazon within a week. But the first indications show that there has been a real good start. We know that, out of the entire offer, there were over a million unique visitors who watched the tournament on Amazon. With, moreover, a very good quality of retransmission. What also strikes me is that this start with Amazon did not prevent France Télévisions from making audience records. “

Guy Forget: “We don’t forbid ourselves anything. We’re going to talk about all of this again with Amazon. Should we bring forward the match schedule? It’s true, we are never immune to the match in five sets which shifts everything. Do we want to keep spectators in our stadium until one in the morning? Ideally, no. Afterwards, the average length of the matches showed us that attacking at 9 p.m. was really playable. The only certainty: we will not start the night session at 7:30 p.m. “

Ref: https://www.lequipe.fr