Justice Gérard Depardieu indicted in December for “rapes”

INVESTIGATION The French actor disputes the facts

Posted on 02/23/21 6:37 PM
– Updated 02/23/21 at 7:02 p.m.

As part of an investigation opened after the complaint of a young actress,
Gérard Depardieu was indicted for
“Rape” and “sexual assault” on December 16, announced a source close to the case on Tuesday, confirmed by a judicial source. Facts, which he allegedly committed in the summer of 2018, which the 72-year-old French cinema monument disputes.

The complainant, who had denounced to the gendarmerie at the end of August 2018 having been raped twice at the star’s Parisian home a few days earlier, had obtained in the summer of 2020 that this investigation, first classified by the Paris prosecutor’s office, be entrusted to an examining magistrate.

The actor’s lawyer, Mr. Hervé Témime, “deplored that this information was made public. “Gérard Depardieu, who was left free without judicial control,” totally disputes the facts with which he is accused “, said his lawyer. The young actress in her twenties initially filed a complaint by going to the Lambesc (Bouches-du-Rhône) gendarmerie at the end of August 2018.

On record, she accused the actor of two rapes and sexual assaults which allegedly took place at the star’s Parisian home, a private mansion in the 6th arrondissement, on August 7 and 13, 2018. According to a source familiar with the case, the actor is a friend of the victim’s family. “There was absolutely nothing professional about it,” said the source, after the press reported on a theater rehearsal. The legal proceedings opened in Aix-en-Provence against the French actor, also a Russian citizen since 2013, had been repatriated to Paris.

On June 4, 2019, the public prosecutor had, however, dismissed its nine months of preliminary investigation, explaining that “the numerous investigations carried out” had “not made it possible to characterize the offenses denounced in all their constituent elements”. A confrontation between the actor and the young actress, never heard of so far, had notably taken place in the premises of the Paris judicial police, said a source familiar with the matter.

The complainant then obtained in mid-August 2020 the resumption of the investigation via a complaint with the constitution of civil party, an appeal which allows the almost automatic appointment of a judge to restart the investigations. When contacted, the complainant’s lawyer, Me Elodie Tuaillon-Hibon, asked that “the privacy and privacy of (her) client be preserved”.

06/04/20 | CANNES FILM FESTIVAL

10/23/20 | DELIVERED

05/24/20 | DISAPPEARANCE

Choice of consent © Copyright 20 Minutes – Attendance at 20 Minutes is certified by the CMPA

Ref: https://www.20minutes.fr