used car prices have also risen in the last month – a sign that people are trying to avoid using public transportation due to the epidemic.
Used car prices increased by 1. 4% between September and October 2020, compared to 0. 2% fall between the same two months a year ago.
This upward movement continues from last month, which is said to be due to increased demand for used cars as people search for alternatives to public transportation..
despite rising to 0. 7% last month, UK inflation is still well below the 2% target:
While this graph shows how clothing and food had the largest upward contribution to the cost of living last month:
Good morning and welcome to our renewed coverage of the Global Economy, Financial Markets, Eurozone and Business.
Figures released this morning by the Office for National Statistics show that the Consumer Price Index rose to 0. 7% in October, up from 0. 5% in September. This is the highest in three months, after the CPI fell to just zero. 2% in August.
Most of the upward contribution to clothing prices has come from women’s clothing, says the Office for National Statistics, with smaller upward contributions from men’s and children’s clothing. .
â ?? Inflation rose slightly as clothing prices rose and returned to their normal seasonal pattern after this year’s turmoil. a????
â ?? The cost of food also increased, while used cars and computer games also saw prices rise. This was partly offset by lower energy and vacation costs.
Commenting on today’s inflation figures, the deputy national statistician for economic statistics, jathers_ONS: 1/2 photo. Twitter. com / JloneWJspT
Elsewhere, European stock markets are expected to be calm as investors consider further growth of Covid-19 cases and tightening restrictions..
Overnight, coronavirus cases in Tokyo recorded a record high of 493, and South Australia announced a six-day lockdown.
European Opening Calls: #FTSE 6328-0. 59% # DAX 13077 -0. 43% # CAC 5471 -0. 22% # AEX 599 -0. 33% # MIB 21370 -0. 30% # IBEX 7903 -0. 39% # OMX 1917 -0. 27% # STOXX 3455 -0. 39% # IGOpeningCall
Meanwhile, Bitcoin remains on alert – reaching a new three-year high of $ 18,000 overnight setting its record high.. . .
Before you post we’d like to thank you for joining the discussion – we’re glad you chose to participate and we appreciate your views and experiences..
Please choose the username under which you want all of your comments to appear. You can only set your username one time.
Please keep your posts respectful and adhere to our Community Guidelines – and if you notice a comment that you think does not follow the guidelines, please use “Report” ???? Link next to it to let us know.
Inflation, UK, CPI
News – Great Britain – UK inflation rises to 0. 7% with rising clothing prices ???? Live work
. . Related title :
– UK inflation rises to zero. 7% as clothing prices rise – direct business
– <a href="/?s=UK Inflation is rising slightly more than expected in October. UK inflation rises a bit more Expected in October
– computer games and fashion prices, which increases inflation in Bounce after the Covid 19 disruption
– Autumn clothing pushes UK inflation higher in October
– CPI inflation has risen to zero. 7 percent increases pressure on households as food and clothing prices rise
– UK inflation is at 0. 7%
– UK inflation rises despite lockdowns as clothing prices rise
– Inflation is rising due to rising cost of clothing and food
– It& # 39; Not just food prices, the Covid pandemic has also helped push inflation to 7. 6% in India
– <a href="/?s=UK Inflation is rising slightly in October Inflation in the UK is rising slightly in October