Really, nothing is easy for Dominic Thiem at the moment. After a period of very poor motivation and an entry elimination at Roland Garros, the Austrian hoped to perk up in Mallorca and land at Wimbledon a little more confident. Unfortunately, while leading 5-2, after a rather convincing start to the match against Adrian Mannarino, the world No. 5 felt a sharp pain in his right wrist while going to play a forehand at the end of the race.
Despite the medical time-out and the installation of a strap, Dominic Thiem preferred not to resume the game, at the risk of mortgaging his chances of participation in the London Major. The Austrian’s retirement therefore sends Adrian Mannarino to the quarterfinals of the Mallorcan tournament, where the Frenchman will face the winner of the match between Karen Khachanov and Feliciano Lopez.
Related title :
– Dominic Thiem retires against Adrian Mannarino in Mallorca
– PRONOS PARIS RMC The tennis bet d& # 39; Eric Salliot of the 22 June ATP Mallorca
– Concern for Thiem, who retires with injury six days before Wimbledon
– Injured, Thiem retires in the second round in Mallorca, one week from Wimbledon
– ATP – Hamburg – After the grass, Dominic Thiem will come back to earth
– Big concern for Thiem six days from Wimbledon