Michael K. Williams passed away on September 6 at the age of 54. His body was found lifeless in his New York apartment. The causes of his death have just been revealed: he would have succumbed to an overdose.
September 6 was a very sad day for the cinema, doubly bereaved. While we learned of the death of the sacred monster of French cinema, Jean-Paul Belmondo, the announcement of the death of Michael K. Williams struck like a thunderclap.
The unforgettable Omar Little from the series The Wire, aged 54, was found lifeless in his New York apartment. The police then raised the possibility of accidental death due to a possible overdose.
The autopsy report has just confirmed this hypothesis. According to the office of the chief medical examiner, quoted by the site Deadline Hollywood, the actor would have ingested a lethal cocktail of Fentanyl, heroin and cocaine. A mixture which caused “acute poisoning” according to forensic scientists, who refused to comment further.
Fentanyl is wreaking havoc across the Atlantic. Analgesic created from opium, it is extremely potent; 50 times stronger than heroin and 100 times stronger than morphine. In the western United States, for example, in San Francisco, Fentanyl overdoses killed twice as many people as Covid-19 in 2020 …
We paid tribute to Michael K. Williams by evoking his fabulous composition in the series The Wire, in our last podcast dedicated to this series which marked the history of the small screen …
About us |
Cookies policy |
Cookie preferences |
Personal Data |
Press review |
AlloCiné services |
Find all the schedules and information of your cinema on the AlloCiné number: 0 892 892 892 (0.90 € / minute)