PLAYA VISTA – The Clippers game against the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday night continued as planned, but in the morning the Clippers canceled the shootout as a precautionary measure related to health and safety protocols, the team said.

The Honey Training Center where the Clippers are practicing was unusually quiet just before the shooting was due to start on Tuesday. News came that it had been canceled around 9:15 a.m., and a few minutes later the team announced that the cancellation was due to health and safety logs.

“As a precaution,” said Clippers coach Tyronn Lue before the tip on Tuesday evening at the Staples Center. “Just be careful.”

Skipping a walk-through before the game is less of a problem, the coach said, considering the Clippers faced the same opponents as they did on Sunday.

“I mean, I couldn’t call the guys and say, ‘Okay, we’ll meet you in the arena early now”, that wasn’t fair. So we just canceled it, ”said Lue. “And everyone is good, we’re so lucky to be playing the same team again, so it’s not that big of a change.”

On Sunday, before the first of two consecutive games against the Mavericks, the Clippers’ Nicolas Batum was a late scratch after entering the league’s health and safety protocols, the team said.

Lue said Tuesday that the 32-year-old French striker is “fine”, although he is expected to miss at least 10 days – or four more games – on Sunday, according to a report by The Athletic’s Shams Charania.

“I’m not sure of the days, but I expect him to be out (for a while),” said Lue after the win on Sunday. “I’m not sure what the schedule is, though.”

“Our boys are vaccinated,” said Lue on day two of the training camp in San Diego state. “We just have to do what the league tells us, we try to stick to the rules and move on from there. And we talked last year about just being able to adapt and do what we have to do to play the game we love. ”

Last season, the Clippers were one of only three teams that didn’t postpone a game due to health and safety guidelines.

Batum was initially reported “sick” on Sunday, but that designation was soon updated.

Related articles

Kristi Toliver from Sparks returns to the Staples Center as a Mavericks assistant

Clippers win battle with Mavericks

Clippers’ Nicolas Batum is out on health and safety protocols

The Clippers’ schedule early does them a disservice

Cold shooting clippers blow a big early lead over Pelicans

“Everyone is tested and a lot of guys have been tested before the game so all you have to do is see what the results are,” Lue said on Sunday as he wore a mask on the bench during the Clippers’ 97-91 win over Dallas. a departure from his practice earlier this season.

“But it will happen. Last year, like you said, we did a good job staying away from it, but it was something that will hit everyone at some point. You just have to be smart and make sure everyone is safe. ”

Last season some of the Clippers’ support staff had to quarantine for a few days and later all-stars Paul George and Kawhi Leonard were trapped in the logs for four days due to contract tracking and missed the first two games of January Side trip.

“A lot of teams go through that, not just us,” said Lue on Sunday. “We have to continue to survive the storm”

We invite you to use our comment platform to have insightful conversations about topics in our community. While we do not pre-check comments, we reserve the right to remove any information or material that is illegal, threatening, offensive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, or otherwise objectionable to us, and all Disclose information that is necessary to comply with any law, regulation, or governmental requirement. We can permanently block any user who abuses these terms.

If you see comments that you find offensive, please use the “Report as inappropriate” function by hovering your mouse over the right side of the post and drag the indicated arrow down. Or contact our editors by email at [email protected]

Ref: https://www.ocregister.com