Despite two very tight first sets, Jérémy Chardy lost in the first round of the US Open to Italy’s Matteo Berrettini (7-6, 7-6, 6-3).
Jérémy Chardy, 70th in the ATP, lost this Tuesday evening in the first round of the US Open against Matteo Berrettini, world number 8 (7-6, 7-6, 6-3). In the first two sets, the Frenchman missed the boat. After leading 4–1 and then 5–3 serve to follow in the first inning tie-break, Chardy ultimately lost 7–5. The Béarnais then obtained two second set balls, 5–4 40–30 on his serve, then 6–5 in the tie-break, but it was again Berrettini who won this decisive second game (9–7 ). Confident in winning those first two sets, the Italian went on in the third set, ending the game on Chardy’s serve to win 6–3. The two players having achieved the same number of winning strokes (37), the difference was made on unforced errors (39 French side against only 15 for the Italian). Jérémy Chardy, who would have deserved to take at least one set, seemed disappointed when he left the court. He will be able to regret these few mistakes made at the end of the tie-break which prevented him from concluding and perhaps instilling doubt in the mind of Berrettini, who will meet the winner of the Moutet-Travaglia match in the next round.
Related title :
– Matteo Berrettini had to s& # 39; employ against Jérémy Chardy
– Chardy logically eliminated by Berrettini
– US Open 2021 – Jérémy Chardy eliminated in the 1st round by Matteo Berrettini after a frustrating match
– Les regrets de Chardy
– EM – US Open 2021 – Jérémy Chardy was eliminated in the 1st round by Matteo Berrettini at the end of & # 39; a frustrating match
– Choked by Berrettini, Chardy leaves with regrets