The police are investigating a fatal crash between a semi-trailer and a B-double that last night (Sept.. November) took place in Julago. .
Preliminary investigations suggest that the two vehicles collided on the Bruce Highway around 10 a.m.. 10 p.m., causing the B-double to roll down a causeway north of the Townsville crematorium.
The driver of the B-Double, a 64-year-old Gulliver man, suffered serious injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 61-year-old male trailer driver was rushed to Townsville University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The Bruce Highway remains closed in both directions while an operation to repair road damage and remove extensive debris is underway.
Townsville, Bruce Highway, Stuart
News – AU – Police react to fatal traffic accident in Julago
Related title :
– A Townsville man has been killed after two trucks collided in Stuart last night
– Police responded a fatal traffic accident in Julago
– Bruce Hwy Townsville blocked after truck accident
– It is expected that the traffic at the location of a fatal traffic accident will be closed by the morning
– Bruce Hwy Townsville remains closed after fatal truck accident