A man in his fifties has died of terrible injuries after being struck by a shark on one of Western Australia’s most famous beaches.
Australia is home to three of the most dangerous species of shark and this year they are approaching our beaches.
A man has died after being attacked by a shark on the famous Cable Beach in Broome in northern Western Australia.
The 55-year-old man is said to have been swimming alone when the shark crushed his thigh and bit his hand off shortly before 9 a.m. local time.
Emergency teams were called to the beach and CPR was performed on the scene, but the man believed to be a Broome Local could not be rescued.
“I saw a car coming down, a police car and obviously an unmarked police car following another car and thought this was pretty serious,” he said.
A 55-year-old man was killed by a shark on Cable Beach in Broome, Western Australia. Source: Supplied
The attack happened around Jan.. According to Surf Life Saving WA 3 miles north of the Cable Beach Surf Club.
Jakeb Waddell, editor of Broome Advertiser, told Perth’s 6PR radio station that there was an eerie feeling on the beach afterward.
DPIRD fisheries officials are currently involved in assisting WA Police in a shark incident in Cable Beach Broome. Further information: https: // t. co / HwhgQFHaUq
“There was a very, very creepy feeling there, it’s not the feeling you normally get when you stand on this beautiful beach,” he said.
The beach has been closed by local rangers. People are encouraged to be extra careful around the area.
Broome is not believed to have had a fatal shark attack since 1993 when a pearl diver was killed in Roebuck Bay.
Up to four bronze whale sharks up to 3. 5 m long were spotted on Warnbro Sound in Rockingham, according to Surf Life Saving WA just 6 km offshore.
Public report 4 x 3. 5 m bronze whale sharks sighted 11:45 a.m. 22/11, Warnbro Sound, Rockingham 6 km offshore
Cable Beach, 14 miles long and 2,000 miles north of Perth, is one of the most popular travel destinations in Western Australia.
The attack occurred in the off-season and surf lifesavers ended their patrols on the beach last week.
Every year thousands of tourists come to the popular location in the eastern Indian Ocean in the north of the state.
NOTE ON RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including advertisements) you use on this website and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and on other websites. Learn more about our policies and your choices, including how to opt out.
Cable Beach, Western Australia, Broome, shark attack, sharks
News – AU – Fatal shark attack on Broome Cable Beach
. . Related title :
– man about 60 years old killed & # 39; in shallow water& # 39; by a shark at Broome& Cable Beach
– > Man killed in a shark attack in Broome& # killed 39; s Cable Beach
– Man killed in shark attack on Cable Beach in Western Australia
– Shark & # 39; shot& # 39; After a man attacked Broome& Cable Beach
– Swimmer killed in a shark attack on the popular WA beach
– The victim is the eighth to be killed in a shark attack in Australia this year. This is the highest number since 1929, when nine died.
– > Man killed in shark attack on Broome&’s popular Cable Beach
– Tragedy as a swimmer is & # 39; killed in a shark attack& # 39; ;; on the popular beach in Western Australia
– Man dies in a shark attack in Western Australia
– Man killed in shark attack in Western Australia, local media reports say