Cricket Australia fined the Sydney Sixers 25 for an “administrative error” in their clash with the Melbourne Renegades on Saturday. US $ 000 imposed.
Fast bowler Hayley Silver-Holmes had recently recovered from a foot injury and should return during the must-win game.
The Sixers included Silver-Holmes in their XI game, but their return had not yet been approved by the Big Bash Technical Committee.
The Sydney Sixers spotted the mistake before stepping onto the field for the second innings. The Sixers made 4-166 out of their 20 overs, which means Silver-Holmes didn’t beat.
The Sixers reported the mistake but continued to receive the heavy fine. $ 000 has been suspended for 12 months.
Cricket Australia Chief Conductor Alan Sullivan, QC, who was responsible for imposing the sanction, confirmed that the club reported the problem themselves and praised the Sixers for “quick” picking Silver-Holmes removed from the game after realizing their mistake.
As a result, he said the maximum penalty of 50. $ 000 is not appropriate because it does not affect the game but the violation is serious.
Sean Carroll, Head of Integrity and Safety at Cricket Australia, said he supported the commissioner’s findings.
“Cricket Australia values the integrity of all competitions, including compliance with the contract rules and regulations for players,” he said.
“This Sydney Sixers violation was serious but had less of an impact due to the club’s actions during the game last night.
Jodie Hawkins, general manager of Sydney Sixers, said the club will “learn” from this mistake after serving as senior conduct commissioner on Sunday.
“We had a fair opportunity to present our case to the hearing and accept the results and sanctions. “
Last summer, Hobart Hurricanes player Emily Smith was banned for 12 months, nine of which were banned for posting a video of her team’s lineup on Instagram.
The video was recorded from the Burnie Sports Center’s restricted area ahead of the Sydney Thunder game and was released an hour before the team was officially released.
While the game was later washed out, Smith was found to have violated anti-corruption protocols and handed over the heavy bans.
Sports news, results, and expert commentary are delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for the Herald’s weekday newsletter here and for The Age’s weekly newsletter here.
Big Bash League for Women, Sydney Sixers, Melbourne Renegades, Melbourne Stars (WBBL), Cricket Australia
. . Related Title :
– Caught: Sixers fined $ 25,000 for WBBL & # 39;” Administrative error & # 39;
– Isa Guha reveals her KFC SuperCoach BBL team for BBL10
– > Sixers punished for WBBL administrator error
– Top 20 in 2020: Biggest BBL Moments, No.. 3
– > WBBL: Sydney Sixers punished for administrative error
– Women&s Big Bash League 2020, Game 56: Melbourne Renegades Women vs Brisbane Heat Women (MR-W vs BH-W) . . .
– Cricket Australia is investigating Sydney Sixers& # 39; & # 39; admin error& # 39;
– &” OH MY WORD& “: Courtney Webb starts sensationally in the Big Bash League from Women& # 39;. Observe
– Countdown to BBL: The forgotten foreigners XI
– CA investigates Sydney Sixers& # 39; Playing XI & # 39; Administrative error & # 39;